Re: harp-l-digest V10 #120- re: Chris Turner

I remember he was in San Francisco in the late 1970's (75 or 76?). I was
playing harp in a band with the great lap steel player,Freddie Roulette.
(Mike Henderson/ Freddie Roulette Band) at a place called The Green Earth
Cafe. A friend introduced me to Chris Turner who was visiting from England.
Apparently he had played and recorded with Champion Jack Dupree in England.
He just blew my mind. A fantastic player! At the time I wasn't all that hot.
He sure played rings around me. He had heard of Freddie Roulette and wanted
to listen and play with him. I believe he sat in that night.- Dave
"Hurricane" Hoerl