Paul Pena (WAS: Re: Big Bones) - little harp content

>Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
<SNIP<
>Bones also had a duo for awhile with blind
>guitarist Paul Pena, who had written one of Steve
>Miller's hit songs. Pena later took up Tuvan
>throat singing and became the subject of a
>documentary films about him going to Mongolia to
>meet the native Tuvans (this was Paul, not Big
>Bones).

This documentary is awesome! I saw it twice, and both times it made this
grown man cry. The passion of Paul for music is very touching.
It's called "Djenghis Blues" (not sure of the spelling).
Harp content?? I attempted throatsinging Kyrgyra (again spelling?) a few
times, and this week I did it through my Tombo bassharmonica and got an
incredibly low, deep D. I'll need a lot of practise though to be able to
repeat it at will every time.

Ludo

Valentijn bij MSN ! http://www.msn.be/valentijn