Re: reeds that won't sound (now CX-12 carrying case)

Jason...

I keep my CX-12 in a sturdy cordura nylon carrying case
that can be worn on a belt, or what I usually do, is string
a long beaded chain through the belt loop, and carry it slung
over one shoulder so that it hangs to one side by my waist.

Then I wear it under my jacket or vest which helps keep the
harmonica warm from my body heat.

The carrying case is actually for carrying a stun-gun, but it can
be purchased separately.  I got mine from personalarms.com,
item SG-N2 ($4.99 plus shipping--shipping is more than the case,
but I'm glad I got it!).

I added a piece of soft rubber hose with a section cut out for the
CX-12's slide button, glued (with silicon GOOP) to the top underside
of the closing flap to help protect the button from being compressed and
keeps the harp better secured.  The flap is held firmly closed by some
good strong velcro.

I got the metal beaded chain (36 inches) from the electrical department
at my local hardware store (you also need the metal 'connector').

The case will help keep your CX-12 warm as well as protect it.

Ken Hildebrand