Re: Rod Piazza mod

On 20/03/03, at 16.19, Grbullets2@xxxxxxx writes:
What Piazza does is put in a 5 meg pot which is what these mics should have=
 in them,not the 500K pots that Astatic put in them.This is what makes the=
 elements deliver what they are capable of delivering.The cap is not that=
 important since most players play at full volume most of the time=
 anyway.I'd be more worried about the pot and not the cap...........Dave
Ah! Now the 'magic' behind this mod has more sense! I wonder why I didn't=
 think before that *this* was the more important thing. Thankyou again,=
 Dave.
Incidentally, I put a 5M resistor in serie with the pot, since I couldn't=
 find 5M pots. Works good, it provides thin regulation in the range of=
 interest, spread in the whole run of the pot turning. Push to talk (ops...=
 to blow!) button, of course.
L.