Re: Rod Piazza mod

On 20/03/03, at 16.48, Markburness@xxxxxxx writes:

>Even a 5 meg pot in an Astatic mic will not allow the mic to "deliver
>what it is capable of" unless that mic in turn is plugged into a significantly
>higher load.

Or, AFAIL ("L" stands for Learnt), unless you remove the grid resistor on the amp
(better with a switch), so that the overall input impedance is entirely given by
the pot.

>There was some discussion on the list in which became apparent that
>5Meg was the largest value pot that could realistically be installed into
>a JT30 shell (if anyone knows better please say so, retail source & part no.
>would be nice).

Well, maybe the serie resistor I talked about in my previous post could let you
mess with 11 M or more... You already have the switch to turn it off.

P.S. Mark, I forgot to thankyou for the precious infos on Gibsons and 6L6 tubes,
I've printed them and still... meditating, there's a lot of stuff. Sorry again