Re: Rod Piazza mod

>> Personally I prefer an on/off switch on
>> crystal/ceramic mics and blow more
>> gently when I want to be quieter :-)

I have always had this opinion on all mics! Harmonica is a dynamical
instrument. Just as or MORE dynamic than any other instrument made
(depending on who's playing it). If I want to play quieter, I blow/draw
softer. The amount of air pressure you use, controls the volume. The purpose
of a volume control on a microphone is a mystery to me. I have removed the
volume control on the few that came with one. What's the use? Every amp I
have ever seen has a volume control built in. Turn the amp volume to where
it sounds good and use your natural dynamics. Am I just way to simple or is
everyone so complicated? This is just my opinion and preference. Now
everyone disagree.

PS: Even if I was considering another volume control, it makes more sense to
me to build or buy a pedal than to have it on the mic. Not to mention
probably a little easier.

Vince Cheney

The Blues Site - http://thebluessite.com
Winemaker's World - http://winemakersworld.com