Re: Chris Turner

I heard Chris Turner play with his band 2 or 3 times in
Providence in the mid-70s , but believe he was located elsewhere
on the East Coast.  He was said to have won the European
diatonic championship prior to that.  He played harmonica and
accordion, and sang, all very expertly.  His name has come up on
Harp-L several times past, so a look in the archives will tell
you more.

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 23:05:31 -0500, Blunt White wrote:

>I have heard of him and he is a real fine player, I believe he
is
>from
>Providence Rhode Island
>

>>From: "Robert Venables" <robert.venables@xxxxxxxxxx>
>>To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
>>Subject: Chris Turner
>>Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:24:43 -0000
>>

>>Had a very enjoyable jam with Chris Turner in the hills of
West
>>Wales
>>yesterday. I understand he is a player of some repute in
America,