Re: Piazza Mod (for GBs)

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Jp Pagan" <coquiblues@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 2:21 PM
Subject: Piazza Mod (for GBs)

> hey all,
>
>    the talk about the Piazza Mod (the VC cap) always refers to crystal
> JT-30s (or at least, it has recently.) my question is, does the same mod
> work for Green Bullets? does it work differently for a Controlled Magnetic
> element or a Controlled Reluctance? would the cap value need to be
different
> depending on the GB element type, and if so, what values work best?
>
>    thanks,
>          -- Jp

Hi JP,
The cap and pot value would defintely need to be much lower. Though both
mics are considered high impedence, most people don't know that there is a
variance of what it is. Crystals and ceramics are extremely high impedence,
so a 5meg pot makes sense, but with the GB's, I believe any pot of 500K or
lower (if memory serves me correct, more likely 100K pots, and here's a
place for Dave GrBullets02@xxxxxxx  should have some more insight with,
especially after reading his excellent piece on those mics). GB's in both CM
and CR are of a lower impedence (but still considered high impedence) tho,
like the ceramics and crystals, yet are considered high Z.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA