Re: New Artists

 leone@xxxxxxxx writes:

<<   Blues (I thought we WERE talking blues here), was such a small niche,
 (sort of like Polka music) that you would almost have to consider 100,000
 as gold/plat.>>
i didn't think we were talking blues...i thought we were talking harmonica
players.

<<One thing I NEVER did was ponder as to "Who was better than who" or like
that. I always felt that there WAS NO "better", there was only "Different". >>
i think that ~that~ was the point of the initial post.  i'm sure most of us
know (or are...and i'm not including myself) players who are perfectly
adequate, even really good.  but, who really stands out?
unless i'm misinterpretting, and the initial post was about every solid harp
player out there.  i would imagine there are quite a few of those out there.
to be honest, i think some of the folks mentioned in this thread ~are~ well
known within the harp community.  i guess it depends on your definition of
"wider recognition."

steven j gatorman