[none]

In a message dated 3/25/2003 8:19:37 PM Eastern Standard Time, so_blue@xxxxxxx writes:

> I'm looking for something (filler?) to repair a chrom comb that has a couple
> of cracks.
> I also would appreciate a suggestion to seal the comb against moisture.
> I've tried beeswax with some success on short-harps, but I don't think it
> would be a good solution for this harmonica.
> Anybody have favorite products they'd care to suggest by
> brand-name?<

I'll probably mess this up, as it is my first post, EVER, to Harp-L...but here goes!

I had a similar problem...probably due to playing my chromatic in the car, leaving the chrom in the car, and the remaining moisture froze, splitting the comb in half!!

I disassembled the chrom (Learning Experience!!!), and filled the crack with Elmers White Glue....Let it dry, repeated with more glue, for good effect...and reassembled the chrom (Learning Experience II!)

The crack sealed well...and I'm still playing the chrom, a year later...NOTE: I don't leave it in the car, anymore!!  ;-)

Regards, Skip Fortnam