harmonica factories

For what its worth, hohner's response to my querry:

>Thank you for your message.  As product manager for
Hohner, Inc., I have been travelling to China for the
last 15 years, where I regularly visit and inspect
both the instruments being manufactured and the
factories in which they are made.  As foreign-owned or
joint-venture
businesses, our factories are subject to far stricter
government regulations regarding factory conditions
and stricter union regulations regarding workers'
salaries, benefits and job security than are wholly
Chinese-owned factories.  Whatever exploitation of the
Chinese workforce may or may not be occurring
elsewhere, the Chinese government is very concerned
that it not be practiced by foreign interests. Our
factories in China are clean and well-lit and the
workers do not appear to be abused in any way
whatsoever.  Hohner also manufactures harmonicas in
Germany and in the Czech Republic.

>Please let me know if I can be of further assistance
and thank you for your interest in Hohner Harmonicas.