Daily Almanac - March 28

Country music studio harmonica player Charlie McCoy was born on this day in
1941.  Long the undisputed king of Country harmonica players,  Charlie's
appeared on over 3,000 albums as well as recording over a dozen solo albums
of his own.
For more about the life, career and recordings of Charlie McCoy, please
visit:
http://www.eharmonica.net/charlie%20mccoy.htm

US President Dwight D. Eisenhower died on this day in 1969.  Eisenhower
played the harmonica when he wasn't busy winning World War Two or fighting
the Cold War.  I knew there was a reason that I liked Ike.

Blues guitar and harmonica player Joe Willie Wilkins died on this day in
1979.  Wilkins had worked with Sonny Boy Williamson II, Robert Jr. Lockwood,
B.B. King and a host of others.
For more about the life, career and recordings of Joe Willie Wilkins, please
visit:
http://www.eharmonica.net/joe_willie_wilkins.htm

That's all I have for today.  Have fun and practice.

Peter Krampert, author
The Encyclopedia of the Harmonica
http://www.eharmonica.net