Vibrochamp Vibros Again!

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with the project to restore "vibro" to my
silverface Vibrochamp.  I got a new 25K linear taper pot from Angela Instruments
to substitute for the unavailable 25K reverse audio (which I learned means
"inverted logrithmic") pot, and over last weekend spent a few minutes installing
it.  While I was at it, I replaced the crapped out Radio Shack replacement
speaker with a Fender original equipment 8" speaker, and replaced all the
control knobs.  My "new" Vibrochamp is delightful!  The "vibro" works great, and
the new speaker sings.  I played over the weekend with a few friends, and had no
trouble making my puny 6 watts heard over the din of two guitarists, one playing
through a Blues DeVille and the other through a Blues Jr., and a bass player
with a Carvin rig.  Fortunately, these guys are friends, and they were keeping
the levels down low.

One of my friends gave me an Alesis Wedge he had bought at a closeout and never
used, and I added that to the chain to add a little reverb.  After a quick
run-through of the available effects (all 128 of them), I selected "Memphis
Plate", and mixed it in at about 12% to give just a hint of reverb.  I'm
wondering if any of you folks have used this unit.  It seems pretty good to me,
though the preset effects -- created for guitar, keyboards, drums, bass, and
vocals -- are a bit "over-the-top" for harp.  But the unit has a lot of
capabilities, including reverb, chorus, flange, delay, echo, and pitch shift,
and has full parametric control over all the elements in an effect.  It also
includes the ability to store 128 user-defined effects.

I played the Wedge/Champ combo using my "new" vintage Geloso M161 microphone,
and everyone commented on how good it sounded.  I carried a slew of mics so I
could try them all, but quickly settled on the Geloso over the JT-30, T3,
Slim-X, 545, and E-V 634.  It was "just right", being neither too hot nor too
cold.

If you ever need to do some work on your own amp, and like me, you aren't an
electrical/amp guy, check the schematic and layout resources on
www.ampwares.com, and for parts check Angela Instruments.  I'm not affiliated
with them, just a fan!

- -tim