Amp and Mic Pics

I had a couple of people reply off-list regarding my Vibro Champ project
and the Geloso mic, so I put together a couple of pages of pics of them and
posted them.  If you are insterested in seeing the amp, check:
http://lonestar.texas.net/~tymoyer/WorkingMansHarps/gear/amp.htm

For the Gelso mic, check:
http://lonestar.texas.net/~tymoyer/WorkingMansHarps/gear/geloso.htm

For those who care, I bought the 1970 silverface Vibro Champ in 1972 at a
pawn shop for $60.  The drummer in a band I played with around 1977 agreed
to sandblast, fiberglass and paint the cabinet for me at his father's boat
shop.  Somehow, I never saw the cabinet again.  For some mysterious reason,
a little while later I cut the vibro intensity pot out for another project.
 When I was in college another guitarist friend helped me build a plywood
cabinet, ugly but functional, that held all the parts off the floor, and I
had an amp again.  Around 1998, itching to buy a new amp but broke as a new
parent, I went to the exotic hardwood store and bought some paduk for the
cabinet and some wenge for the baffleboard and built myself the cabinet you
see.  I got the blackface nameplate to replace the missing original
silverface.  This is a sweet little amp, what a workhorse, it put up with
all my crap without a complaint.

I bought the Gelso mic on ebay for about $45, and it is worth three times
that.  The Italian craftsmanship is unequaled in any microphone I've ever
seen, everything is put together with screws and gaskets, it can be
completely field stripped for repairs.  The work reminds me of my beautiful
Campagnolo bicycle components.  It sounds like a dream.

- -tim