Daily Almanac - March 30

Chicago Blues harmonica pioneer John Lee "Sonny Boy" Williamson was born on
this day in 1914.  Williamson was a major player in the early development of
the Chicago Blues sound, working with Baby Face Leroy, Big Bill Broozny, Big
Joe Williams and others as well as recording some amazing records of his
own.  He gave lessons to Billy Boy Arnold and got Muddy Waters his first
paying gig in Chicago.
For more about the life, career and recordings of Sonny Boy Williamson,
please visit:
http://www.eharmonica.net/john%20lee%20williamson.htm

Birthday Greetings go out to our good friend Tom "Tomcat" Colvin, who was
born on this day in 1939.  Tom splits his time between the Phillipines and
Mexico.  In the Phillipines he fronts the Blues band "Tomcat & The Dawgs"
and in Mexico he plays with various bands.  Happy Birthday Tom!!!!!!

That's all I have for today.  Have fun and practice.

Peter Krampert, author
The Encyclopedia of the Harmonica
http://www.eharmonica.net