Daily Almanac - March 31

Master folklorist and harmonica player Sam Hinton was born on this day in
1917.  Sam is an amazing player and still going strong.  He's actually got a
new CD in the works, from what I've been told.

Folk/Rock singer-songwriter John D. Loudermilk was born on this day in 1934.
As a songwriter, John's written a lot of great music, including the
classics,
"Indian Reservation" and "Tobacco Road".  He began playing professionally as
Johnny Dee when he was thirteen, playing guitar and harmonica.
For more about the life, career and recordings of John D. Loudermilk, please
visit:
http://www.eharmonica.net/john%20loudermilk.htm

That's all I have for today.  Have fun and practice.

Peter Krampert, author
The Encyclopedia of the Harmonica
http://www.eharmonica.net