Big Amp Score

I was nosing around in my buddy's storage room when I came upon a Stromberg-Carlson tube PA amplifier. I immediately relived him of the burden of posessing such a device, took it home, replaced the 2 6L6GC power tubes bought a cheapo Radio Shack 8 inch speaker for $20 wired it all up, turned it on. It works... O happy Day. Its kinda loud, no feedback unless I put the mic right in the speaker's face. There is a label on the back of the amp that says it is 90 watts. The speaker I am using says that it is rated at 100 watss/50RMS whatever that means. The only problem I am hab=ving with this is that when I crank it up and play loud, the sound kinda cuts out briefly. Am I overdriving the speaker somehow? This doesn't happen when I turn the volume pot down. There are som more tubes I want to try replacing. What else should I do as far as refurbishing this amp goes?. What kind of speaker combination should I get for it? All advice appreciated.

TIA,

Alex...

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain sensitive and private proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. CREDIT SUISSE GROUP and each legal entity in the CREDIT SUISSE FIRST BOSTON or CREDIT SUISSE ASSET MANAGEMENT business units of CREDIT SUISSE FIRST BOSTON reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.
Unless otherwise stated, any pricing information given in this message is indicative  only, is subject to change and does not constitute an offer to deal at any price quoted. Any reference to the terms of executed transactions should be treated as  preliminary only and subject to our formal written confirmation.