Re: Amp and Mic Pics

Mojo wrote:
> Wow!
>
> The Vibro Champ is a thing of beauty! Excellent
> job, my friend! I bet it honks as great as it
> looks!

Thanks!  This amp has been like a loyal dog.  No matter how badly I treat it, it
keeps on honking.  It lived most of the years of it's life with a Radio Shack
"dual cone" speaker, and still sounded great.

> Quick question: What kind of element are you
> running in the gorgeous Italian mic?

As far as I know, this mic is all original, with the original crystal element.
Looking inside, I don't recall seeing any markings at all.  Geloso made a whole
range of electronics (tape recorders and radio broadcast stuff), so they
probably made it themselves.  The mic had some problems with the connector
wiring, and I have cut off the cable and installed an inline 1/4" jack.  I'm
looking into putting an XLR male connector in the base.

- -tim