Sonny Terry and Tommy Reilly ?!?

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 16:12:46 -0800
From: "Laughton, Bob" <LaughtonB@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Sonny Terry and Tommy Reilly ?!?

Found this 78RPM record being auctioned on eBay by a UK record store:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2517593415

Original issue UK 1950s Blues 78 RPM record.

Sonny Terry/Tommy Reilly: Hootin' Blues/Bop! Goes The Weasel
(78 RPM Parlophone R.3598 . UK 1953)

Does anyone know anything about the history of this recording? I didn't know
Tommy Reilly recorded any blues, but then I don't know that much about his
career in general. Were there any other sides released, have they been
reissued on CDs?

I'd certainly be curious to hear what this unique duo sounded like!

Bob Laughton

Doug is correct, Sonny is on one side, Reilly on the flip.

This is a UK 78, the Sonny side of which is a reissue of Gramercy
G1004, recorded in Philadephia in early '52.

PS:  Are you, by chance, the same Bob Laughton who put together the
absolutely indispensable Gospel Records discography?  If so, I've
been meaning to thank you for decades!

cheers,

Tom Ball
Santa Barbaria