RE: SBS vs. 364 14-hole low harps

Hey Michelle,

- --- Michelle LeFree <mlefree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks to fjm and others for explaining in detail
> just what the SBS special
> is.  I've been wondering about that because I
> have been wanting to add a
> low-keyed harp to my collection so that I can
> play come of SBWII's songs
> that use them (e.g., Bye Bye Bird, one of my
> favorite harmonica-based
> songs).
<<snip>>

Just as an FYI, I use my SBS harp to play Bye Bye
Bird (one of my favorites, also!) and love it. The
advantage (for me at least) is that I can easily
get into some call-and-response licks by jumping
from the lower octave (rhythm-driven) to the
second/third octaves (lead driven) and really play
with it.

Just my thoughts.

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens
http://search.yahoo.com