Re: New "On THe Fly" video, feedback wanted please!

Hey Roger,

- --- Roger A Gonzales <gonz1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was hoping to get some feedback from a video of
> my new band "On the Fly".

Really nice work! Our band does "Walkin' the Dog"
too, but your version is much funkier.

Very well arranged song (better/tighter than my
band's arrangement). You have a great band there!
But I think you need more percussion (just kidding
- - LOL!).

Your bass player is awesome too, so cool that you
gave him a solo on that number.

Your harp playing is really wonderful! Very musical
licks, tasteful and appropriately fast/funky for
that song. Loved the way you tied in part of your
solo licks with the drums (da-da-da-DA!). As I said
earlier, good arranging! Nice, strong vocals too.
Wish I could sing half as powerfully.

My only criticism might be the way you ended your
first solo break... perhaps just one of those "live
moments". You went way up high on the harp just as
you were handing over the solo to the guitarist and
it came off a bit rough. My experience is that the
high-end needs to be played very clean or it's very
hard to listen to. But I know you already know
that. ;-)

Anyway, thanks for posting the video. Excellent
work! Very cool that you're bringing your music to
schools. You had those kids were rockin'!

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens
http://search.yahoo.com