Re: Black night

- --- "Howard Herrnstadt" <herrnstadt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can anyone direct me to the lyrics for Black Night (is Falling) and the
changes (if it's not just I- IV-V).
I heard the James Cotton version on the radio tonite. It was superb. Other
recommended versions? (Blues With Fitz on WCPN, Cleveland. Online at
WCPN.org Friday and Sat. nites  -- no connection etc. etc.)
Thanks,
Harmonica Blu
BluXpres@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.HarmonicaBluXpress.com

Hi,
I can highly recommend the orginal version that was done by the late, great West Coast blues giant Charles Brown, who originally recorded it for Alladin in the 40's with Johnny Moore's Three Blazers.

Also, try Rod Piazza's cover on his recently reissued CD, "So Glad To Have The Blues," originally issued on LP on the Murray Bros. label during the mid-80's.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA