Re: Current Chicago Harp Players

In a message dated 5/25/03 11:55:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
coquiblues@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  unfortunately, i don't know much about harp players still living/playing
> in the Chicago area, which is what i think you were asking about. but since
> the subject of "Chicago-style" players has come up, let me mention one name
> i think NEVER gets enough recognition: Paul Oscher.
>   he lives in Cali, but sometimes you can catch him around the country. the
> man is a harp monster as well as a good guitarist, pianist, bass harp
> player, and maybe more, i don't know. not to pigeon-hole him as a
> Chicago-style guy, but he can certainly resurrect Little Walter in your ears
>
> and more. anyone who loves harp should have one of his CDs, or better yet,
> should hear him play live.
>
> and p.s. -- congrats to Ryan (who's a wicked harp blower himself!) and his
> wife on the new addition...
>
>         --Jp

I agree,

Paul Oscher is a serious harp player. I saw him about a year ago here in Lake
Worth and he was great. he came on stage as a one man band and took over.
Serious slide/ guitar work (He sounds like Muddy), great harp playing (Nails
Little Walter's tone), as well very solid piano playing (Can lay down Roosevelt
Sykes feel easily); whatever Oscher wants to play in the blues medium, he can
play it! Oscher in IMHO is one of the best blues musicians around period. If
Oscher makes a rare appearance within a 100 miles I would advise checking him
out.

Andrew