tongue block bends

As a beginner tongue blocker (multi-embrochurist?)I find the trick to tongue
block bends is to keep the tongue relaxed. The minute I start pushing the
tongue against the harp, the notes go all to heck. Still haven't figured out
the trick to bending the high blow notes.

If you feel stuck in a rut, and you only play with one embrochure, try
learning a new one. I find the John Popper speed runs are easier puckered,
where the Cotton/Walters stuff is easier tongue blocked. Tongue block really
helps with rhythmic rock and roll as well. Also, by using an unfamiliar
technique, I have to slow down a little and pay attention to the notes.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.mp3.com/spaceanimals