Re: diatonic handedness

- - ----- Original Message -----
From: <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 12:33 PM
Subject: Re: diatonic handedness

> I am trying to train myself to hold the mic with my right hand cause my
> wedding ring on my left keeps rubbing the mic and making noise.
8<
> Anyone else have trouble with this? The ring will NOT fit on my right
> hand!
> Vince Cheney

Without knowing the type of mic you use here are  a few suggestions:
* Take the ring off when playing amp'd
* Get a suitable necklace and wear the ring around your neck during gigs &
practise
* Adhere something the area  of the mic shell that you ring usually connects
with.  eg. Fabric tape.
* Encase the shell in black foam except for the grill
* Only ever play acoustically
* Give up harmonica and take up guitar and serenade your wife with it, saying in
your undying love you'd even give up harmonica rather than give up your ring.

G.