Re: harp-l-digest V10 #172

In a message dated 5/28/2003 11:01:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Subject: first chromatic

The 5148 is a few dollars cheaper than the 7148, however, the 7148 has
thicker plates and is formerly the Charley Musselwaite special. Because of a
disagreement between Hering and Charlie, they could no longer use his name, however
the 7148 is identical to the CM Special except the for the name on the side
plates. Some players claim the dollar for dollar, the 7148 is by far the best
bargain for the money.
This of course is my own opion, but I do have both harmonicas and I would
rate the 7148 superior to the 5148 and the 270.
Frank Tomasulo