Juke

I can't tell if you guys are serious or not about ~who
owns the Juke riff~. I know Winslow knows that it's a
really old Jazz riff that is the heart of many a tune.
It was a basic horn line in 20 songs before Walter
used it- but, fact is, LW probably gets credit for
trying to imitate hornlines more than anyone; AND,
around that time at least 10 people had a ~boogie~
that began, or used, that harmonica riff in the song.
I've heard boogie-woogie tunes [~I'm Ready~ is a good
example] which uses the riff as a guitar/piano/or horn
hook or theme. As far as that goes, Big Bands used the
riff all the time. Also, if you imagine the riff,
without the last note, you'll realize that its in a
billion [half a billion]songs.

Again. If I missed the early part of the thread/joke,
please ignore.