Re: Inspirational non-harmonica CD's

In a message dated 5/29/03 1:52:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sixtiesjazz@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Playing the diatonic harp is so close to
> singing and both singers can get more from a song than anyone else I've
> heard

Good observation.

One of the most influencial recordings I listened to years ago was an early
Ella Fitzgerald recording I found at a library.

She sang nothing but slow and medium tempo blues songs, like "C.C. Rider",
backed by an organ trio.

No scatting, just luscious blues oriented phrasing and wonderful long tones
with a rich vibrato at the end.

The Iceman