Re: RI Deluxe Reverb questions

Jimbeau Harp wrote:

> I have a few questions about the Fender Reissue Deluxe Reverb:
>
> 1.  The set screw for one of the knobs fell out. Does any one know the size
> of these screws? Angela music is selling them for 12 for $5.00, which means
> I get 11 more than I need.

Remove another screw from one of the other knobs and take it to your local
hardware store, Home Depot, or Lowes, and see if you can match it with what they
have in stock.  I've found perfect replacements at these places.

> 2.  I use this amp for playing guitar, and I have other amps for harp. I'm
> thinking of trying to set up the Normal channel for harp -- that is,
> swapping out the 12 AX7 for a lower gain tube -- while continuing to use the
> Vibrato channel for guitar.
>
> Looking at the amp from behind, the tube layout is:
>
> GZ 34  6V6  6V6  12AT7  12AX7  12AX7  12AT7  12AX7  12AX7
>
> Can someone tell me which preamp tube(s) are used for the normal channel.

The pre amp tube all the way to the right.

> 3.  Looking at the tube layout, which 12AT7 controls the reverb?

3rd one from the right.

> What does
> the other 12AT7 control -- the vibrato?

Nope, it's the phase inverter, it splits the pre-amp signal to two equal but
inverted signals to be fed into each power tube.  The vibrato driver is a 12AX7
located just to the right of the 12AT7 phase inverter.

> 4.  Finally, does swapping pre-amp tubes in one channel affect the
> performance of the other channel?

Nope, unless you remove it entirely, in that case it will increase the gain on
the remaining pre-amp tube.  It's a popular mod for guitarists to remove the
Normal channel pre-amp tube entirely to increase gain on the Vibrato channel.

regards,
Don D.