Commander line out adjustment

As I've said in the past, I'm new to this amplified harp thing, but here's a few words on the harp commander in case it may be useful to anyone.  Got one a few weeks ago and brought it twice to an open mic scene where I am a regular.  Loved the convenience of going right to the PA!

However, both times (with two different PA's and sound guys), the sound guys said the signal was too hot when using the line out (BTW, chose the 1/4" option).  The first time, it didn't occur to me to use the instrument out (which has a lower level), so the sound guy "padded" the input (I think he hit a button on my channel that lowered the signal level).  I still had to keep the HC's level below 1/4, which wasn't really to my taste soundwise.  The second time, same thing, so I did use the instrument out and could keep the HC's level around noon -- worked very well.  Sounded great to my ears (and some others -- like my girlfriend's, LOL).

Dilema: one of the potentials of the HC is running the line out to the PA and the instrument out to an amp simultaneously (some harp-lers seem to like this a lot).  If I have to use the inst out for the PA, that might be a problem.  I emailed Ron Holmes about this, and he offered to lower the level of the line out at no charge.   I took him up on this.  He also was very quick about it!   Big kudos to Ron.  I haven't had a chance to test it all out yet, but at least in theory, now I can run the lowered line out to the PA w/o lowering the HC level knob AND run the inst out to, let's say, my Pro Jr.

BTW, although I love the sound of my Pro Jr, I think the HC adds something that makes it even a bit more exciting, hard for me to describe, hotter perhaps? punchier maybe?  (not that I feel the need to use it all the time).

(I hope I didn't just come across two quirky PA's and someday I'll regret lowering the line out when I can't compete with drums and amps that are mic'ed to a PA -- I guess I could have Ron reset the line level again if necessary!)  Thanks again to listers for all the sharing of years of experience.  --john k.

Do you Yahoo!?