Re: harp-l-digest V10 #371

Tone and Maintenance Questions

I have a couple of questions to ask. I recently acquired some harmoncias from
a group of elderly harmonica players. Some of the harmonicas had tape inside
the cover plates. How does this affect the tone of the harmonica.?
Also, I will be attempting to replace some wood cones on some Hohner 270,s
that have cracked cones. In order to avoid filling the nail holes, is it
possible to use small screws to attach the plates, and if so what size and type
should the screws be?
Thanks in Advance
Cheech