"Wolf" tones

In a former life, I played bass...
On your average bass, there are places (notes) that produce "wolf"
tones - notes that resonate with the particular construction of the
instrument - not always the same note on every bass. When you hit this
note, you get a WOOF! sound (overtone?). Bassists usually avoid basses
with a lot of Wolf -tones, and avoid playing those notes if possible -
they have a tendency to really "jump out" in the middle of an
arpeggio.  :-)

I've never seen any mention of wolf tones on this or any harmonica
discussion list, and yet...
I've noticed that (for instance) if I'm not careful about my
embouchure, I get kind of a "woof" effect (in my head) on a 5 draw, on
my "C" diatonic. Especially when playing loudly, acoustically. Cupping
a mic doesn't produce the same effect AFAIK. This effect is so
pronounced, it makes it hard to keep my eyes (or my concentration)
focused (and no, I'm not touching the harmonica with my teeth). I get
even more of these on the other higher-pitched keys. For this reason,
I don't like to play D,E, or F harmonicas, except the "Low-tuned"
versions.

Have I just outed myself as an complete weird-o, or do any of y'all
have the same experience?
- -Scorcher