lurker no more/Sam Myers question

Hello list, I just thought it would be polite to do this before I start
asking questions/making comments.

 I've been hangin' out here for about a year. I've been concentrating on
playing harp for about 2 years now, after being a drummer for a long time
and a guitar owner for longer. One of these days hopefully I can figure
out the slide and make a neck rack that doesn't squirm around so I can
play harp at the same time.

I am fortunate to live near Kansas City, which is blessed with a bunch of
blues, and have befriended several very talented fellows with regular
gigs. They always answer my questions and tolerate my lunacy, probably
amused by my excitement,  wondering if I'm for real or not.

I get out and play with others in bands and jams when I can, that's when I
have the best fun. My amp went up in smoke the other day, now I'm learning
about tube circuitry so I can fix it myself and someday design my own harp
amp.  I have learned a lot here about harp set-up, too, and repair and
tune my own.

I listen to blues primarily, with a dash of jazz, and especially enjoy
listening to the great chromatic players. I find that when I play my
chromatics along with those swinging west coast cats, it is a very good
work out for tone, resonance, breathing, and style for the trip back to
the chicago dirt that I love so much.

I saw Sam Myers the other day with Anson Funderburgh. Man, what an
impressive voice and player. He is 76 years old, I guess that makes him
older than Little Walter. It was cool to see someone who has been blowing
harp for so long, and still doing it very well. He was a very polite
gentleman with manners and class straight out of the fifties, when he cut
his first single. Question is: is any of that old stuff available? I'd
really like to get a tape of him backing Elmore James.

Well that's all, back to the woodshed for now....

kcmojoe