Re: newbie question

>From: Glenn Godsey <glenn-godsey@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: newbie question
>Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:24:48 -0600
>

>I am new to harmonica and new to the group, but I have played music for
>over 60 years, rangeing from cool jazz on vibes to bluegrass fiddle. I
>notice the group is mostly blues oriented and, although I have played lots
>of acoustic guitar blues (Blind Blake, John Lee Hooker, John Hurt, etc.)
>for many years, i am not particularly interested in blues harmonica. In
>fact, i have become very taken with the sounds of the "Harmonicats" type of
>ensemble playing.
>
>My first question: does anyone have any experience with the Huang Compact
>48 Chord harmonica?
>
>Many thanks,
>Glenn Godsey

Hi Glenn

I'm probably not the man you want to hear from - I have no knowledge of
chord harmonicas for a start!  But I have something in common with you in
that I pursue a "minority" harmonica interest, Irish music in my case. But
my experience of this group is that you'll benefit from being an active
member whatever your interest.  Just keep sending those questions in.
Someone here will answer!  I haven't met a single other member of this group
in person but they are the best bunch of people in the world!

Steve Shaw.

http://mysite.freeserve.com/trad_irish_harmonica

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger