Re: DanEcho mod questions

<quote>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:01:21 +0200
From: "Alexei" <lexas@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: DanEcho mod questions

I wonder if Dano Daddy-O is low impedance too.  It's insanity imho....

I'm assumed for some reason they made it high on all pedals....
</quote>

They all have the same setup in terms of input impedance.  They are in fact
high impedance, but they are set to 1Mega Ohm and nothing more, so they
don't work particularly well with higher impedance harp mics requiring
5Mohm.

Other gear might be intended for 1 MegaOhm signal generally used with
electric guitar, but my understanding is they have a bit more room to move,
whether this is because the designer uses a bigger resister than required,
or it can handle a bit more than expected to ensure good tone, I don't know.
But Dan Electro is budget gear, so its best you either wire in or use an
impedance matching device like what MN is saying.

If you use a Harp Commander or Kinder's mic box before your effects you'll
overcome all these hassles without colouring your tone, but making sure its
the best the mic can produce. You can use your amp and effects to do all the
tone fiddling.  Then you don't have to mess around with the innards of your
effects.  This is one of several reasons I bought a second Harp Commander.
I use one before some of the effects clean to match impedance, to control
feedback and the original EQ, and the other used as a dirty preamp (since I
don't use an amp proper) down the chain followed by echo into a DI and into
the PA/mixer.  Might seem overkill to some, but as I say its one of a number
of reasons I bought two.

G.