RE: Micing an Echo (was- off on an Irish tangent)

>Steve writes:
>"I also use those huge double-sided Hohner Echo harps <snip> I use my green
>bullet with these as with my other harps but basically I just abjectly hold
>the thing as best I can up against the mic."
>
>===========================
>
>Mickey Raphael, Willie Nelson's longtime harp guy, uses Echo harps quite a
>bit. He plays them (and all his various harps) through a Beyer M88 vocal
>mic hand-held, not on a stand. I'm a bit curious, Steve, if you're playing
>traditional Irish music, why use a Bullet at all? Sounds like an SM58 might
>be a better option. Just a thought.

I know it wasn't the ideal choice but I bought it years ago before I knew
anything (and before I joined harp-l where I would have been well-guided),
so until it breaks I'm stuck with it.  It's not TOO bad...

Steve

http://mysite.freeserve.com/trad_irish_harmonica