Re: Harp-L Disc

Regarding the Harp-L disc:

Not everyone plays Blues.
Not everyone can upload.
Getting access to a server is easier said than done.
The vision was not to provide a place where files could be sent on an
ongoing basis - it was to take a "snapshot" of our community.
Generally, those who have the technology to make an MP3 also may be
more..."advanced" players. The beauty of the Harp-L disc was that
there were many "ordinary" players that contributed. I think that's
important.

All the ideas presented are good, but none of them replaces the disc.
It's nice to be able to HAND a disc to someone. It's sometimes better
to MAIL a disc than risk attack by RIAA for peer-to peer sharing.

My $.02
- -Scorcher