RE: solo tuned harps

From: ShMclendon@xxxxxxx

> does anyone build a solo tuned harp in any key other then C
......this includes you guys who do customs..or if im willing to buy
> another solo tuned Hohner in C is someone willinng to retune it to
the key of A for me ..and why cant you get at lest the basic 8
> blues keys in them

I originally suggested using hohner 270s for your purpose.
It probably sounded like a smart-a** answer, but think about it:

You could probably re-tune standard diatonics (or have them done) in
your favorite model.
I bet Michael Easton, "G", or any of a number of other customizers
could do it.
(Not speaking from experience - just a hunch).

- -But they'd probably COST you as much (or nearly so) as a 12-hole
chromatic. And they wouldn't have a slide, and a whole other key to
play....in fact, looked at one way, you get TWICE as much harmonica
for your $$$ with a chromatic. ;-)
(you play a C chrom in D or Eb in 3rd) - PLUS, you can't get a
diatonic solo in "C-Tenor".

- -Scorcher