Re: solo tuned harps

ShMclendon@xxxxxxx wrote:

>does anyone build a solo tuned harp in any key other then C ......this
>includes you guys who do customs..or if im willing to buy another solo tuned Hohner
>in C is someone willinng to retune it to the key of A for me ..and why cant
>you get at lest the basic 8 blues keys in them

The old Hohner School Band harps that were discussed in a recent
thread were available in (I think), C, G and tenor C. As they are long
gone, I guess that's not much help to you! As far as I know, the only
solo tuned diatonics currently on the market are in the key of C
(although there is one Chinese made 16-hole diatonic in a four octave
solo tuning starting on tenor C).

It might be worth trying www.harphouse.com They had a batch of 364s
made up in various keys a while back, including some in solo tuning. I
think they were planning on ordering some more, but you would have to
check with them. (Usual disclaimers apply).

Alternatively, any competent technician ought to be able to make up a
solo tuned A harp for you.

 -- Pat.