Re: Hering 1923

<quote>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 09:29:38 +0000
From: "Ludo Beckers" <lazylew2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Hering 1923

Hi Ben & G

I don't know how (and especially how long) you and Tony impregnated the
combs in beeswax.
I followed Magic Dave's formula, and haven't had any wood swelling at all.
As for the polyurethane stuff - unfortunately it seems to be impossible to
find in Europe (right Ben?).

Ludo
</quote>

That would be quite annoying.

Tell me, what wood varnishes are available in Europe?  I am pretty sure
there must be something better than the form of baking soda used in the days
of Antonio Stradivari for keeping away woodworm.
Are any of these varnishes water based rather than oil based?  Maybe
something non toxic intended for fruit bowls and wood toys for children?
Do any of the water based ones come in smallish cans?
Perhaps you could experiment with those?

I'd be curious as to what you find,
G.