re: I want a xb40.

Tom and others,
I contacted my wholesale supplier yesterday because the order I placed with
them in August hadn't arrived.  This may be of interest to those of you who
also purchase wholesale. You might want to contact your supplier to be straight
up with you on how many they expect to receive and if you are on the list. Mine
is SLM.

They were told that they were  being sent  4 XB-40s and that is at the end of
October. They are one of the biggest musical instrument wholesales in the US
so its pretty bad when they can only get 4 XB-40s.  Some business has already
laid claim to them.  The next available time will be sometime in November.

My rep wasn't sure what the deal is with Hohner but I explained that harp
players have been waiting several years and the production can't keep up with the
demand.
What we do get in the US, and I presume other countries, is coming in
trickles.
He thought Hohner wasn't sure if they wanted to produce them or not since the
fanfare is greater then the delivery. He also said not all the keys will be
available right now. Seems A,C,and G are the first in production.  Rick Epping
might be able to give a better idea as to what Hohners plans are for
production.

Any of my business customers on this list that put in an order for an XB-40
will have to wait in line like the rest of the country or seek them out where
they can. Local music stores may have them in stock but we are so use to buying
via internet we forget about the local dealer. I might do the same.

So don't start flaming the businesses you placed XB-40 orders with. It's
completely out of our control. I'm glad I didn't ask for money up front.

In a message dated 10/3/03 3:47:24 PM, tomsmics@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>If you have one for sale, regardless of key, would you contact me off-line?
> Thanks.....ready to buy....TOM ELLIS/Tom's Mics
>tomsmics@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Michael "Fathead" Easton
Chromatic and diatonic repair and restoration @
http://www.harmonicarepair.com