PBS Blues

Overall, I was pretty disappointed, after really
looking forward to these films.  I thought, on
balance they were mediocre.  The first few
nights, I kept looking at the clock to see how
much longer - not a good sign.

The best part was the old clips of great artists,
some I never heard of.  Incidentally, Rick Estrin
can play the harp "cigar style" - Yep, I've seen
it at one of Little Charlie's shows.  And he played
a lot more intricate stuff than Miller did in the clip.

I thought the best of the PBS films were the Clint
Eastwood film and the one involving the British
groups.

Biggest disappointment - No Question - Not enough
blues harp, not just because that's what I'm interested
in, but because of the harp's importance to the history
and development of the blues.

Rich K