American Folk Blues Festival (was PBS Blues Documentary)

Bob Loomis wrote:
<<snip>>
> Along those lines, a friend of ours visited from
> L.A. last week and brought two DVDs of TV shows
> and concerts by TOP blues artists (T-Bone Walker,
> Muddy, Sonny Boy W., Otis Spann, Shakey Horton,
> etc., etc)
<<snip>>
> You can find these by going to Amazon.com and
> looking for The American Folk Blues Festival.
> There are two volumes.
<<snip>>

I recently picked these up as well. Really
~excellent~ footage of some of the best American
blues artists of the day. More artists that Bob
didn't mention include: John Lee Hooker, Howlin'
Wolf, Junior Wells, Sonny Terry and Brownie MgGhee,
Willie Dixon, Lightnin' Hopkins, Matt "Guitar"
Murphy, Roosevelt Sykes, Big Mama Thornton... yes,
and even ~more~.

This is the real deal, folks. Not incredibly
harp-centric, but omigodd... decent sound and good
image qualaity... and damn, it's GOOD! Seeing Sonny
Boy playing Bye Bye Bird and Nine Below Zero, and
Walter Horton blowin' Shakey's Boogie alone are
well worth the price of admission.

Go here for more info and a few clips:
http://www.reelinintheyears.com/

All the best!

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

P.S. I hadn't heard a third DVD was coming... but I
know I'm gonna pick it up. No doubt.

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens