Re: Tim Moyer's comments on PBS system

Hi all,

    If anyone bridged the blues from Chicago to a wider general market and
listening audience, it was, Paul Butterfield, Mike Bloomfield, and Charlie
Musslewhite. I remember real clearly (and my memory usually stinks) hearing Paul B.
for the first time in the mid sixties and it was nothing like anything I had
EVER heard before. A great intro to the blues. The Stones were into the Blues,
but in the sixties I feel it was these other guys who sealed the open market
for traditional as well as progressive Blues. Of course, IMHO.
                              chris mastakas