Re: Tim Moyer's comments on PBS system

Hi Tom,

I was totally with you in your argument defending
the role young white US blues players in
keeping/reviving the blues scene -- until you made
this statement:

- --- Tom Ellis <tomsmics@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"The Brits were totally lacking in their interest
in the acoustic blues players in the US."

If I'm not mistaken, the American blues artists who
first toured the UK were primarily acoustic players
(Bill Broozny, Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee, et.
al). That's what the Brits wanted to hear.

In fact, the first time Muddy played there he took
his electric band and was NOT well recieved at all
(panned in the reviews). Why? Because Brits didn't
yet appreciate that "awful loud music" of his. For
a long time Brit's interest in blues was entirely
and exclusively acoustic. 'Course that all changed
with time.

Years later, Muddy went to the UK again, this time
he brought his accoustic guitar. After he did an
accoustic set, they asked hiim to plug in -- which
he happily did.

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens