Re: Tom Ellis's comments on PBS system

Tom, I beg to disagree. Check out Alexis Corner, Cyril Davies and their =
compatriots. Claptons first influence was Robert Johnson, before he =
became interested in electric blues. The pre-sixties skiffle boom was =
influenced by both blues & folk.
Harp content (have we forgotten!), Cyril Davies played harp
Rob Venables
>> Tom Wrote

    As I said in my post, blues is a big tent.  The Brits were totally =
lacking in their interest in the acoustic blues players in the US.  It =
was people like Geoff Muldaur, Dylan, Fred Neil, John Sebastian, Bonnie =
Raitt and other Americans who literally kept these folks alive in the =
public eye.  TOM =20