Re: Bullet mics and CM elements

Don't discount the tonal qualities of the Mexican made R44D cartridged
520D bullets.  I have some very nice older R5's and a couple of
different more modern made in USA elelemnts, my made in Mexico mic
smokes them all.  The quality varies a lot more and most of the made in
Mexico elements I've run across were just so so but the good ones are
outstanding.  I'm not the only one who has experienced this, Dennis Oleg
of DJ's Custom Microphone fame has commented to me that some of the best
sounding 520D's he's heard were Mexican made.  ymmv.  fjm