speakers and Ebay

I'm planning to update my rig. I have a silver face Bassman I want to
upgrade to blackface specs, and I want to use a 12 inch speaker rather than
the massive 15 inch ported bass speaker I use  now(I use the amp for keys as
well). It looks like I can buy a new Celston speaker for between $90-100,
get a sheet of plywood and talk someone into soldering and have a guaranteed
speaker, or spend $40 on Ebay for a really cool speaker cabinet from the
50s. What are chances that a 50 year old speaker will still work? All things
being equal looks are important.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.mp3.com/spaceanimals