Re: harp-l-digest V10 #358

Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:58:35 -0800
From: "Vern Smith" <jevern@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Music for Harp and Guitar

- - ----- Original Message -----
 From: "GP Grant" <s0234576@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>  I can refer you to many books of guitar-flute duets that can be played on
>  guitar & harmonica IF you are interested in  classical music, classical
>  guitar and chromatic harmonica.  They meet your criteria of being
> impressive
>  and having no vocal part.
>
>   I have made some arrangements that I play on harmonica and plectrum guitar
>  of tunes like:
>  The Entertainer by Joplin
>  Solamente Una Vez (You Belong to My Heart)
>  The Peanut Vendor
>  Two-Part Invention in Am by Bach
>  Air on the G String by Bach
>  Rondo Alla Turca by Mozart
>
>  The above tunes have counterpoint or harmony parts for the guitar.  If you
>  are talking about playing harmonica with guitar chording, then almost any
>  fake or song book will give you material.
>
>  You need to be more specific about genre, type of harmonica, type of
> guitar,
>  etc.
>
>  Vern
>
>  Visit my harmonica website: www.hands-free-chromatic.7p.com

Vern,

I'm into blues: delta, chicago, piedmont and a little country blues.  The setup
at present is just me on my diatonic and an acoustic guitar.  Have any
suggestions for music in those genres?  I appreciate your suggestions thus
far.  Any chance you can tell me where I can get a look at your arrangments?
Thanks for your help.

G.