R.e practise (RC, Juke, etc.)

 I never sing a song the same way twice. And so with harp solos. Nailing Muddy's or T-Bone's or Kims or Estrin's voice inflections, phrasing, etc., isn't a high priority.
 Connecting with a perceived vibe from something I've heard is sometimes a small part of it; but for the most part, I want to connect with my own experience in relation to a song or instrumental solo, that's where the core of it is: how we experience "whatever IT is" that grabs us...if it's someone else's song, where is the challenge or satisfaction of duplicating something someone else has already ariculated in his/her own way?
 I'll play my LW CDs until I wear them out, but what I'm digging at is the overall sense and form of it. Of course I mine everything for 'new' (to me) riffs and fills, etc., but only as a starting point.
  Walter didn't do anything just the same way his "influences" did, or even his own stuff the same way twice. The best never do, IMHO.
 My advice, get at the core of it, and dress it how you like it.

  ~ Blueharp